Thursday, January 24, 2013

Semper Feisty Radio Talks About PTSD

So, I had another opportunity to talk about my life as the spouse of a service member with PTSD in public.  I don't know why, but it's always terrifying to me to do this.  For some reason the idea that someone is ACTUALLY on the other side of what I say, not just that I am perceiving someone to be there like on this blog.

But I did go on there and talk to them openly about what our life is like and how we try to cope.  I don't know that I was all that helpful.  I felt like I wasn't.  But, I also don't look at this blog as being all that helpful.  I don't offer advice or help or resources per se, I'm simply telling you what our life looks like behind closed doors.  I hope someone out there is reading and saying, "Wow! I'm normal, this is normal!"  But maybe not.  I don't know that what I'm feeling is all that "normal" but much of it is common and much of it is not what is out there publicly.

So I hope that I was helpful to someone out there in radio land, but I don't know that I was.

Either way, the other people on the show were amazing and offered some phenomenal insights and resources to check out.  Please take a listen and know that you are not alone and there are places to get help, spouse or service member alike.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/usmclife/2013/01/23/marine-corps-and-ptsd-how-troops-and-families-are-dealing

Photobucket

No comments:

You might also enjoy:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...