Thursday, August 30, 2012

Forgive Me

Forgive me because I am angry and sometimes act out.
Forgive me because I can be petty and that is not fair to you.
Forgive me because I am in pain, though you can't always see it.
Forgive me because, though I seek to understand, sometimes I don't.

My Husband, forgive me.  This journey is hard.  I feel lost, I feel scared and I don't always know where to turn or what to do next.  My choices don't always make sense to you.  And you cannot know the pain I feel because I cannot burden you with my pain, when you are in so much already.

Forgive me for feeling alone and isolated.  When I have no one to understand me, and I feel I am always having to explain myself, it is not fair to turn away from you.  Forgive me for blaming you for all that we are going through.  You are no more to blame than I am.

I'm sorry for being so angry.  I am angry at the universe for doing this to us.  For putting you through all that you are going through.  For putting us in this situation that feels like a fog too thick for us to navigate.  It's a burden that no one should have to bear, least of all you.

Forgive me because I am human, I make mistakes, and those mistakes hurt you.

Forgive me.

No comments:

You might also enjoy:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...