Monday, July 9, 2012

I wish this were a fairly tale

I would very much like my life to be a fairy tale.  One in which this situation is simply a hurdle to be overcome, like Snow White eating the poison apple.

I would love to wake up with a kiss, somewhere down the road, to see that I have slept through the trouble and my prince never gave up.

Life is not a fairy tale.  The one disservice Disney has done to my childhood is fill my head with silly nonsense about how love works.

Instead of waiting for a kiss to fix the problem, I'll do what every other married couple does.  I will wait patiently, I will try harder, I will stay faithful and dedicated, and I will tell myself that we will come out stronger on the other side of this obstacle and we will have our happily ever after someday. 

No comments:

You might also enjoy:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...